Housing Maintenance Code – Procedures For Tenants Regarding Suspected Gas Leaks
Local Law 153 of 2016 requires the owner of a dwelling to provide tenants with a notice regarding procedures that should be followed when a gas leak is suspected. The information must be provided by: delivering such notice to each tenant and prospective tenant of such dwelling (all tenant-occupied units, including 1- and 2- family homes) with the lease or lease renewal form for such tenant or prospective tenant AND posting and maintaining a notice in a common area of the building. The required format for the sign is described in Section 12-11 of Chapter 12 of Title 28 of the Rules of the City of New York. Section 12-12.1 of Chapter 12 of Title 28 of the Rules of the City of New York describes conditions under which a combined notice may be used, combining notice of suspected gas leak procedures with notice for smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors. View Sample Notice – Suspected Gas Leak for suspected gas leak only or Sample Notice – Combined Notice for smoke detectors/carbon monoxide detectors and gas leak notice.
- Materials available: Aluminum Sign Or Plastic
- Size 8.5″ Inches Wide X 11″ Inches High, Custom Sizes Available
- Mounting: Sign available with or without mounting holes in each corner. Sign available with Foam Mounting Tape.
- Sign Corners: Sign available with Rounded Corners or Square Corners
- Colors: Sign is made in Black with White Letters, White with Black Letters, Brushed Aluminum (silver color) with Black Letters, Brushed Gold with Black Letters, Custom Colors Available
$44.95 Per Sign + $10.00 Shipping